Diversion Infrastructure Improvement Project
In 2020, the Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District launched the Diversion Infrastructure Improvement Project, a grant program that offers financial assistance for the installation of headgates and measuring devices at the point of diversion. The program is designed to simplify the grant application process in order to assist as many diverters as possible. Projects may fall within one of two tiers of grant funding:
Total project cost = $10,000 or less
Total project cost = greater than $10,000
Reimbursement = 50% up to $5,000
Reimbursement = 25% up to $50,000
- Installation must occur at the point of diversion
- Diversion must be located within the UYWCD District Boundary
How Do I Apply?
How Do I Apply?
1. Verify that your property falls within the UYWCD District Boundary using the search bar on the adjacent boundary map.
2. Complete installation
4. Obtain signatures from the Colorado Division of Water Resources confirming installation and compliance
5. Submit completed application with all receipts
Please contact Holly Kirkpatrick for all Tier 2 applications or to submit completed Tier 1 application.
Community Grant Funding
UYWCD has $75,000 allocated for Community Grant Funding in 2022. Projects in the following categories may be eligible:
- Infrastructure Improvements
- Water Supply Planning
- River Restoration
- Water Quality & Watershed Health
- Education & Outreach
For more information, please review the Community Grant Funding Project Guidelines and Application below.
Please contact Holly Kirkpatrick for a pre-application consultation prior to completing the application.