UYWCD Internship Opportunity
UYWCD is seeking a Summer/Fall Education & Outreach Intern.
The UYWCD Education & Outreach Intern will assist with planning and implementation of community outreach events including, but not limited to, field trips at UYWCD facilities, participation in various community events, and the Yampa Youth Water Festival. The intern will become familiar with the water management role UYWCD plays in the Yampa River Basin and assist in organizational messaging through community engagement and digital communications. The intern will gain experience in event planning and communications management as well as developing communications skills to foster community engagement for all ages.
- Assist with event planning and coordination for community events in which UYWCD participates.
- Assist with event implementation, including set up, participation, and take-down. Some events may occur outside of traditional business hours. Attendance will be required for evening and weekend events. Flexible schedule may be adjusted accordingly.
- Assist with newsletters, social media posts, and content development for organizational messaging
- Assist with planning and coordination for the Yampa Youth Water Festival, including collaboration with presenters and communications with personnel from school districts across Routt and Moffatt County
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and at times over 8 hours in a day
- Temporary summer/fall position
- 10-20 hours per week
- $20 per hour
- Schedule: Roughly 80% of time during traditional Monday – Friday work week between the hours of 9am – 5pm, Roughly 20% of time during events that fall outside of traditional hours (evenings or weekends)
- Work Environment: Primarily office work with the exception of events, which may occur outdoors in various weather conditions
- Colorado Drivers License
- Ability to work in all Microsoft applications and Google Drive
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and lift up to 50 pounds